FEELed Lab Research Associates “Littoral Listening” (4 positions/session)
Littoral Listening is our online listening group. It is also a reading group, but since we spend most of our time there listening to others, in convening these sessions we invite you to consider: how do our reading group practices change when we turn our focus to listening?
Each session has a chosen theme. We read the chosen text(s) out-loud, together, during the session. Additional optional readings are also suggested, should participants wish to extend their reading on the theme before or beyond the session. You can learn more about previous Littoral Listening events here.
Littoral Listening will take place twice in the fall term and twice in the winter term 2022-2023.
Littoral Listening research associates will receive a $350 honorarium for each session they convene. This honorarium will recognize the (approximate) contributions of time by the Research Associate for the following activities:
- Orientation, training, consultation (1.5 hrs)
- Research and design of event, including selection of potential readings/passages or audio texts (5 hrs)
- Supported facilitation of the session (1.5 hrs)
- Composing a short “FEELed Notes” blogpost to document the event (2 hrs)
If you would like to convene one or more of these sessions, please send an email to the Director of the FEELed Lab at firstname.lastname@example.org, noting:
- how many sessions you would like to convene
- which months you would potentially be available (October 2022-April 2023), noting any preferences
- one paragraph outlining one or more potential themes you would like to propose for a Littoral Listening session, and why. (You do not necessarily have to stick with these, but we would like to get a sense of your interests.)
- 1-2 paragraphs outlining any previous experience you have (e.g. courses you have taken, volunteer, paid or community work, convening events, etc) that might be relevant. This includes experience or interest in feminist, antiracist, decolonial, queer and accessible approaches to environmental issues.
We invite applications from all undergraduate, graduate, postdoctoral or community researchers.
We will begin reviewing applications on September 15, 2022, but the call will remain open until all research associate positions are filled.
We hope that Research Associates for all of the above will contribute to the vibrancy of the FEELed Lab in other ways, such as participating in other events, attending and contributing to FEELed Lab Open Meetings, and suggesting or initiating other research that the FEELed Lab might support.
Additionally, the FEELed Lab may produce one or more collaborative publications in the coming year; Research Associates will be invited to contribute to these (see, for e.g., our collaborative zine produced in June 2023). Even if you choose not to participate in the preparation of these publications, your contributions will be acknowledged when we draw on your research in relation to the above.